Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sing for the Day

It was a a busy, busy week, but ended very nicely.

My Dad came out for a visit, Ian had his chemo and spinal tap, Kathy went back to Dallas to visit her Mom who was in the hospital dealing with her own very serious cancer, and I went down to Puerto Rico for work. The day after I get back, we are all together and back in town, and it's time to head off for ski week up in Tahoe.

Thanks to some good friends it all worked out. The boys stayed with those friends and had a great time on the extended sleepover. My Dad survived the chaos, and Kathy's Mom is now out of the hospital and back at home.

After all that, the last few days in the mountains were clearly God-given. Blue skies, good snow, a beautiful Tahoe mountain, and again, good friends. Thursday saw Ian, and his friend Will, take their first ride up on a chair lift and come down the full mountain. They overcame some significant fears, and after a morning of work together, they and their friends were off on their own to enjoy the day. They did great on ski's, but I gotta admit, I know they had a better time just playing in the snow and sledding, which did allow me to have a full day to hammer those slopes, and my knees, into submission.

We get to watch as our children grow, learn, and become their own persons. They each have their own challenges and burdens, but that is all they know, and with love and encouragement, they go on with life with greace and abandon. God be praised. There are even those times that the challenges are not in the forefront of my mind, and I can just enjoy the times of life we have been given

Ian has his 12th week MRI this coming week to see how the treatment is working. His health is good and we are encourage by his strength and attitude.


This thing called cancer has not beaten us, Ian, or his grandmother, and we are thankful. We will keep on keeping on, one day at a time, enjoying the lives we are given,and for the time that we have together. Again, God is good.

Sing for the day
Sing for the moment.
Sing for the rest of your lives

2 comments:

  1. I am happy you are having a nice time in Tahoe. You guys are always in our prayers. I will "sing for the moment" with you. ~Christie Hawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Styx I hear??

    We're so glad Ian is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete