Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Running to Stand Still

Training is going well, but I don't think I'll ever be a true endurance athlete. I'm up to 6 miles, 3 times a week, plus the long run on Saturdays. And my body is telling me I was just not made to do this type of thing, with my knees being the loudest protester. I had to go into a counseling session at the gym at work after a recent evaluation of Body Mass Index. Seems that the stats are close enough to obese that I am at risk of all sorts bad stuff. Of course, I feel better than I have in years, and can eat almost anything I want.

Contributions to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society because of Ian have been great, and I thankful for all. It's time for me to hold up my end of the bargain

Today was a chemo day, and either the drugs, or minor sickness have knocked Ian down. But the resiliency of the little guy is incredible. God be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment